Board Bet Updates (Others Version)

No clever opening here this time. I've used up all my juices on my "Gripes" post. Here's the rest of the Board Bet updates- the ones that do not include me.

David "MVP" Eckstein v. The 'Bright' One

1) Will DME's Mangolicious team have a WHIP under 1.20?
Projected Winner: TBO (No)
DME's current WHIP: 1.35

2) Ditry Scherz vs. Masterson
Projected Winner: TBO (Scherzer)
a. Boy DME really believed in Masterson, huh? b. Even after a minor league stint, a 14 K game will tend to instill confidence back into a player

3) 25 HR for Morales?
Projected Winner: DME (No)
A broken leg tends to kill any chance Morales had

4) 20 HR for Kelly Johnson?
Projected Winner: DME (Yes)
Something tells me Johnson can hit 8 more dingers this year

5) Longoria vs. Wright
Projected Winner: TBO (Longoria)
Longoria is currently the best 3B this year and the 2nd best offensive player.

6) Vernon Wells vs. Jose Guillen
Projected Winner: TBO (Wells)
Once Guillen gets off his Luke Scott-esque tear, Wells will come out on top, no matter how badly Wells will play

Overall Projected Winner: The 'Bright' One (4-2)

Cubsfan4ever vs. The 'Bright' One

1) Top 25 Batter for Z-Pack?
Projected Winner: Cubsfan (No)
Zimmerman currently is the 52nd best player and he's been putting up Zimmerman numbers

2) Top 115 Batter for Adam Jones?
Projected Winner: TBO (No)
What a really random number, 115? Anyways, Jones is currently the 181st best offensive player.

3) 35+ SB for Reyes?
Projected Winner: TBO (Yes)
Reyes' Speed Score is back to normal and he's on pace to steal 42 bases.

4) 55+ SB for Brett Gardner?
Projected Winner: Cubsfan (Yes)
Gardner is on pace for 58 SB this year

5) -2.20 ERA for Ubaldo?
Projected Winner: TBO (Yes)
A .88 ERA with a 2.8 FIP tends to equal awesomeness

6) Weaver vs. Kershaw
Projected Winner: Too Close To Call
Weaver (17) is currently beating Kershaw (30) but both have great peripherals that anything can happen

7) 25 HR for CQ?
Projected Winner: Cubsfan (No)
How is Kelly Johnson (12) beating Quentin (5) in HR this year!? WTF!

8) -3.00 ERA for Hanson
Projected Winner: TBO (No)
A 4.06 ERA with a 3.60 FIP with a 3.93 xFIP suggests Hanson's ERA will be north of 3

Overall Projected Winner: The 'Bright' One (4-3-1)

Cubsfan4ever vs. David "MVP" Eckstein

1) Hamels vs. Hanson
Projected Winner: Too Close To Call
Hanson (59) currently is beating Hamels (65) but both have similar numbers that it could come down to just wins, which you just can't predict

2) Cruz vs. Kinsler
Projected Winner: Cubsfan (Cruz)
Even with Cruz's trips to the DL, Cruz has still been a top 20 player. And Kinsler is no picture of health himself

3) Sabathia vs. Votto
Projected Winner: DME (Votto)
Oh! our first pitcher vs. batter and with Sabathia's struggles, Votto is coming out like a rose

4) +.270 BA for Borbon
Projected Winner: DME (No)
As DME said, "This kid can't hit" He's currently hitting .236

5) Sizemore vs. Lind
Projected Winner: Cubsfan (Lind)
Maybe if the corpse of Grady can get off the DL. Maybe.

6) CQ v. Lind
Projected Winer: Cubsfan (Lind)
I hate to tell you DME, CQ's low BABIP could just be that he sucks and not luck

Overall Projected Winner: Cubsfan (3-2-1)

12 comments:

Cubsfan4evr said...

This is the only version update that people care about!! Just kidding!

Cubsfan4evr said...

I am not looking very good with my bets with The 'Bright' One, but I look in decent shape against DME.

saBEERmetrics said...

I'm 150% certain i took the under on 25 HR for morales. I do not like morales as a power hitter at all

saBEERmetrics said...

Again, I also took over 20 HR on Kelly Johnson. I even wrote a post about Kelly Johnson and how much I like him back in November

saBEERmetrics said...

Also, TBO and I have bets up on our sister blog, Put It On The Board

Cubsfan4evr said...

Actually, we have all of the baseball board bets, even the ones between you and TBO in a centralized location here on gameofinches.blogspot.com baseball board bet page. That way it is easy for all of our readers to find easily and us to keep track of them. That is thanks to my behind the scenes handy work.

Adam Kaplan said...

I based all of this on what was on the "Baseball Board Bet" page. I'd be more than happy to change it if that original page was wrong

Adam Kaplan said...

nevermind, that was my mind, I'll change those bets right now

David "MVP" Eckstein said...

Additionally, i NEVER said my WHIP would be under 1.20. Even last year, when I had a better team, I bet on 1.28. Do you know how many pitchers have WHIPs under 1.20 in a season? Like 5.

Maybe I bet 1.3

Adam Kaplan said...

@DME

I just got off the phone with TBO. Without mentioning what the actual number was on The Board, I asked him what the bet was. He said "I think it's 1.2" I told him "DME thinks it was 1.28" TBO responded "What!? Even I can get 1.28; it wasn't 1.28"

When we were in the library after we were done drafting, TBO said "I bet your team doesn't have a 1.20 WHIP like it did last year?" In fact, your team had a 1.21 WHIP last year. And you disagreed with TBO and made the first board bet of the year.

I heard TBO say 1.20; in fact I was the one to put it on The Board. TBO heard and said 1.20. The bet is 1.20.

Adam Kaplan said...

You can complain all you want but the bet isn't going to change.

Just like that K case where the two guys were drinking and buying the farm and the buyer was "just bluffing" and didn't really want to sell the farm, but objectively they make a contract. Same concept applies. It doesn't matter what you thought, objectively a board bet was made.

TBO said "1.20" you agreed and thus a bet was formed.

That's all I'm going to say about that. You're going to lose ONE board bet, and it's not even for any money.

Feel free to voice any concern you have but the bet is not going to change and that's all I'm going to post on this particular bet.

The 'Bright' One said...

oh snap