Podcast: Bricks and Ivy Radio

As our loyal readers know, I am a big baseball fan. I recently started listening to podcasts at the urging of my fellow contributors of TBO, DME, and Sexy Rexy. They told me to start listening to fantasy focus baseball. I started listening and I really liked it so I started looking for other podcasts to listen to. I signed up for several podcast (16 to be exact) covering baseball, football, and basketball, but with most of them being about baseball and the Chicago Cubs. The fantasy focus podcasts of both the baseball and football editions are my two favorites. After that I have several I like, but nothing as good as them. I may write about some of my favorite and worse podcasts in the future, but one is really starting to annoy me!

I am signed up for several podcasts about the Chicago Cubs, but only two have started already for the 2010 baseball season. One of these podcasts is starting to annoy me and that is Bricks and Ivy Radio. The two hosts Evan Rapp and Geoff Stone talk about the Chicago Cubs and what is going on with the team. They have already had several podcasts this spring talking about the roster, position battles, how the players look coming to camp and in spring training. For big Cub fans, like myself you already know everything their saying if you’re following the team on your own. When your working out or just obsessed with the Cubs and like hearing Cubs talk all the time, then you will take what you can get. But what is starting to bother me by this podcast after I have listened to several of them is that one of the hosts constantly uses the word “you know” when he talks. I have never realized how annoying this can be, but after someone uses it countless times in a 30 to 40 minute podcast it can become really annoying really fast. If you don’t know what I mean or don’t think it can be annoying, then check out the podcast and listen to one. You should see pretty quickly what I mean. It doesn’t matter what podcast you listen to because he uses it so much in everyone………………………..This can get very annoying very quickly.

If you have listened to the Bricks and Ivy Radio podcast before have you noticed this? Does this annoy you as much as it annoys me? I am probably going to stop listening to the podcast because of this, even though are medley entertaining. When more of my baseball podcasts kick into full gear when the season starts, I don’t think it will make the cut all because of the words“you know”.

0 comments: