How Well Did You Draft?

We all love making trades. It's a part of baseball. Despite a recent GOI poll in which the vast majority of voters said they loved their team and would be top three in their league, we still make trades to make our team better. But I'm sure the vast majority of you are like me, you want to make trades but those trades you thought would be good for you ended up harming you. Sure, you made some good ones, but you also made some bad ones. So did you overall come out ahead or not? Well, for the eleven lucky of you in the GOI snake draft Mangolicious league, I've helped you answer that question.

I have created a league in which Ive re-created everyone's Mangolicious team. Throughout the season, I will update every team's pitchers and will rotate in offensive players when the starters have a day off. I will not make any trades and will not pick up anybody when a player goes on the DL.

Clearly, there are flaws in this system if I'm trying to re-create exactly what a team would look like if no one made any trades. The first one being that players get injured all the time- so no matter how well you drafted, you will still need to pick up players. The second flaw is that many owners like to rotate offenisve players. Many teams in this Mangolicius league used up their bench on hitting as opposed to a manager like me that wasted his bench on all pitchers- which affects other managers offensive stats.

Despite these flaws, I feel this is the best way to measure how your team would have performed if no one had made any trades. So let's begin!

NOTE: If you are a manager in Mangolicious and you would like to update this new no-trade team I have created (as opposed to me updating your team), contact me and I will give you the information needed so you can see how your team, with your managerial skills, would look like if you didn't make any trades.

3 comments:

saBEERmetrics said...

Pick up martin prado for me, as kinsler is on the DL for the first 15 days. That is what id do in real life

Adam Kaplan said...

I'm not gonna do any DL pick u for two reasons
1. If you did DL pick ups, then everyone would have to do a DL pick up and if only you and a few others did DL picks- that you give you and those few others and unfair competitive advantage thus skewing the results
2. This is an experiment to see how well you drafted, not how well you can pick up waiver players. Part of drafting in taking healthy players

Again, obviously this "experiment" by no means perfect or scientific, but I think it's the best that one person can do

Cubsfan4evr said...

I used to always try to make many trades. This year I am taking a more laid back approaching and only making a trade if it really would help a need on my team. This is after I realized my fantasy football team would have been better if I didn't make any trades...except the one getting Chris Johnson for Andre Johnson.

I like this idea though. It will be interesting to see what this experiment shows.