Is "Eurotrash" One Of The 7 Forbidden Words?



Mike Milbury is a proud Canadian and one of the most respected hockey analysts in the game. He was quite disappointed with the performance the Russian Olympic team game in their 7-3 thrashing by the Canadians. He basically called them heartless, dirty, and oh yeah...Eurotrash. At least that's what he called their performance. These Canadian announcers never miss out on a chance to prove how much better their players are, their people are, and their country is. Russia had defeated Canada 4 straight times in Olympic competition so it's not like Canada can look down on the former Soviets.

Although a small part of Russia is in Europe, the tern Eurotrash usually refers to the Western portion of Europe were the men wear shoes like this, with the end curved up, and live with their mothers till 28. These individuals can often be found on South Beach if you need first hand evidence.

I was born in Europe, the non-trashy part of Europe, and I still relate strongly to the region. I recall a Dean at one of my Med School interviews actually used the phrase "Eurotrash" and I was extremely put off. To the point where I couldn't imagine going to a school where the top Dean referred to Europeans as trash. I'm glad the other announcer called out Mike Milbury on air for that comment

0 comments: