Guys who were notoriously left off the All-Star ballot

Javier Vazquez (No one loves Javi except me. Fuck his consistent 3.05 ERA or second-in-baseball 130 Ks. Or his 2.55 FIP.)

Yovani Gallardo (How is the guy with the sixth best ERA and 8th most strikeouts in all of baseball just left off the starting roster?)

Ubaldo Jimenez (really? You picked Jason Marquis' ten wins and 4.11 FIP [it was 4.84 until a start or two ago] over the guy with a 2.03 GB/FB ratio and 3.33 FIP?)

Matt Kemp (Joe Torre clearly got involved here)

Carlos Pena (Isn't Joe Maddon the AL Manager for the All-Star game?)

Jermaine Dye (I'm not even a White Sox fan and I know he got snubbed)

2 comments:

Cubsfan4evr said...

Not everyone can make it to the All-Star game. Matt Kemp can be voted on by the fans. I was surprised that Yovani Gallardo didn’t make it. He is having a very good season. Considering the manager usually brings some of his player I am very surprised Carlos Pena didn't make it.

Adam Kaplan said...

Ian Kinsler > Dustin Pedroia

Carlos Pena > Justin Morneau (although Morneau is good)

I'd send Adam Dunn over Ryan Zimmerman as the Nats representative and is better than Hunter Pence for the "outfield"

Jermaine Dye and Shin-Soo Choo is MUCH better than Ichrio and Josh Hamilton

Also Russell Branyan so far has been amazing but I think Pena, Youk, and Tex are better than him

Also as good as Kemp has been even I don't think he's an all-star just because i can name 6+ OF better than Kemp

and Javi and Gallardo are awesome