TBO spots Gilbert Arenas at the Washington Airport


I though my vacation was all over, just waiting for the connecting flight in Washington DC to go back to Chicago. I was going to check the Cubs score one last time at the bar before boarding when a pimped out black guy walks past me. I froze for a sec, not understanding what just happened, and then it hit me. That's Gilbert F-ing Arenas aka Agent Zero aka Hibatchi aka The 110 Million Dollar Man. I freak out and start chasing him. First instinct was to call Richard since we have a history of seeing NBAers at the airport and calling each other. In 2007 alone, on back to back days, I see Joakim Noah arriving to Chicago after being draft, then Richard is on the same flight as Sasha Vujacic and Scotty Pippen. Rich didnt pick up so I quickly took a pic of him from behind with my phone. The I hustle to grab the camera and barely manage to grab a pic of him as he is walking onto the plane. I texted anyone who would give a damn and it was definitely the icing on my aruban vacation cake

I was telling everyone in the airport that's Gilbert Arenas people. Get excited! But no one knew who he was or even cared. This is the best player on your city's basketball team. I'm not even from Washington and I was the only one to see him. Dude walked through the airport with as much attention as a 250 pound menopausal woman. Sheesh, I could pick out Nick Young. Shame on you Washington. It's also pretty sad that a guy with 100 million in the bank is forced to fly commercial.

3 comments:

RD said...

You should have asked him if he was faking his injury or shouted IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING!

The 'Bright' One said...

Or i could have simply drawn a stick figure representation of him and put that on the blog

David "MVP" Eckstein said...

thats almost as awesome as having your email being read on an ESPN podcast while you are on vacation