Sportsnation: Does not suck

ESPN came out with its newest game show/reality show/talking heads show call it what you want, well actually its called Sportsnation. It's a show that focuses on sports related polls that real people from around the world can vote on and participate. Besides polls, they accept phone calls, emails, and real-time tweets, from all of you losers who do that kinda stuff. Frick I do that kind of stuff. The format is just like all the other ESPN shows, with a scroll of topics on the bottom so the simplest of minds and keep up with the show.

The show is hosted by the immortal, actually most people never heard of him, Colin Cowherd. Colin has risen up the radio talk show ladder and eventually made it to syndication on ESPN radio. I have never listened to his show on any regular basis, and I have listened to some serious crap in my day. To me, it always seemed like all he did was scream into the microphone and I tend to not appreciate being screamed at. His co-host is a spunky little blond names Michelle Beadle. Although her face looks familiar to me, I cant say that I have seen her work before. But she is really impressive and fun to watch. Instead of having another sports dude opposite of Colin, they chose a spunky blond with a tomboy personality as the ego to Colin's id. And if you ask me, she is far more attractive than Rachel Nichols and far more interesting then Erin Andrews.

The only complain I have about the show is does it really need to be an hour long? An hour is a really long time, especially 5 days a week on a sports network? I hope that it is only an hour for the first few weeks and then it can transition into a regular half hour role. Maybe it can just replace the pile of crap that is Around The Horn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does suck. It is annoying how they try to make a competition out of trying to guess opinion polls. That is stupid, and it is a waste of commercial air time.

Anonymous said...

Yes, this show sucks very, very bad! Collin Cowherd is not funny, clever or anything else. They think they can put a attractive Woman who likes sports and that'll fix the problem... Waste of an hour