My Version of Love/Hate for FF, Part II

For rounds seven and below, players really don't go in specific rounds just because so many different people judge the bottom rung players differently. Also, this is the time where you should take some risks because, for the most part, you should have already drafted your main starters and the points rakers for your team:

Players I Think You Should Take A Risk On:
- Devin Hester (WR- Chi). I think at least one receiver on the Bears will get at least 900 yards. I personally think that receiver will be Greg Olson but that's based off of nothing. No reason to think that the non-route runner with no hands can't be that receiver. I personally won't draft him, but at the right round he could be perfect for you

-Plaxico Burress (WR-?). The fact that he's not officially on a team and might get suspended obviously hurts his chances, but you can probably get him in the last round or pick him up in FA after the draft because he's always been dominant when he's on the field.

-Trent Edwards (QB- Buf). The guy could play but just got injured but now he has Lee Evans AND T.O. to throw to and for 3/4 of the year he'll have DUI Marshawn Lynch to hand it off to. Sure he also has Dick Jauron running things but there's no reason to think he can't have a 2006 Jake Delhomme season and just an average player reaping the benefits from good players around him.

-Peyton Hillis (RB- Den). Anyone can run in Denver and when Hillis had his chance, he did extremely well.

-Rashard Mendenhall (RB- Illini, I mean Pit). 1) He's a U of I alum but 2) I've seen him in college and researched his numbers. I think he's a great talent playing second fiddle to a guy who's injury prone. I said it last year and I'll say it this year, Mendenhall will be good.

--All rookie RBs drafted in the first round. I think they'll all be good and by the time you drafted them you should have already had two or three proven running backs anyway.


Players I Have A Crazy Man Crush On:

-Carson Palmer (QB- Cin). When healthy he's always been a beast but he lost his best wide out to FA/ Seattle and Chad Ochocinco is not receiver he used to be. However, numbers don't lie, he's been fantastic when healthy

-Matt Hasselbeck (QB- Sea). See Carson Palmer except he got his best receiver.

-Neil Rackers (K- Ari). He actually kind of sucks but he's a fucking kicker so it doesn't matter and like the fourth U of I alum that will start in the NFL so he gets a shout out.

-The #12 rated TE. The difference between 5-12 TE is very minimal. Wait to get the #12 TE if you don't get the elite guys so you get the same production as the guy who drafted Owen Daniels six rounds earlier yet still able to get more production elsewhere.

Players Who Can Go To Hell And Die:
-Owen Daniels (TE- Hou). See above

-Any K. Seriously, if you don't draft a kicker you can always find one in FA

-And DEF. See above

-Ben Roesthlisberger (QB- Pit). Why I Hate Big Ben. He's like the Bartolo Colon to my Matthew Berry. Except my hatred is rational.

-Derrick Mason (WR- Bal). The guy retired a week or two ago and is still going in like the ninth round in mock leagues. I can guarantee you if you autopilot your real drafts you will get a guy who won't play a down. You would almost be better off drafting Michael Vick. At least then you would get some fantasy points.

-Steve Breaston (WR- Ari). The guy miraculously got over 1000 yards along with Boldin and Fitzgerald. Boldin and Larry will keep it up but he won't. Does anyone still draft Brandon Stockley anymore?

So I gave away some of my secrets without giving too much away I think. I hope this helps and happy drafting everybody!

2 comments:

The 'Bright' One said...

I just want to know who your elijah dukes of the NFL is?

Matt Jones?

Adam Kaplan said...

Plaxico Buress

He has behavioral problems, you can draft him in the later, if not last rounds, and he'll probably end up not playing on the team