Pedroia Replaced by.... Carlos Pena?

When I was watching ESPN today, I was pleasantly surprised to find out Dustin Pedroia, a retarded fan pick, would not be playing in the All-Star game. This made me happy because I thought the two AL 2B SHOULD have been Aaron Hill (a current ASG back up) and Ian Kinsler. This made me think that D-Ped would actually be replaced by Kinsler because I know Joe Madden isn't a retard and would pick the right candidate. But then I found out Pedroia would be replaced by Maddon's Rays 1B Carlos Pena.

Know don't get me wrong, I absolutely think Carlos Pena is an All-Star. He leads the AL in HRs and is the ASG coach's player. But to replace a 2B with a 1B seems ludacris! (LUDA- and yes I realize I spelled "ludicrous" wrong). The fact remains, these coached and players still need to play a game and having four first baseman (with no DHs) and one 2B is just not practical. My guess is that Ben Zobrist (currently an OF reserve) will probably back up Aaron Hill if need be or maybe a guy like Jason Bartlett (currently a SS reserve) could easily move over as well, but it does not seem like a good idea to not have a back up 2B on the team.

Also, remember what happened to Dan Uggla last year in the ASG, makes sense to have a GOOD or even half way decent defensive 2B.

2 comments:

The 'Bright' One said...

i think dan uggla made his first web gem EVER last night on baseball tonight

Adam Kaplan said...

I hate Web gems SO MUCH! They make people think Derek Jeter is a good defender! Seriously.