Sports Referances in Hip Hop Songs

Wale (Chillen): "I remain a Giant and you Jeremy Shockey"

Music Code Provided by MusicVideolife.com



Kanye West (Brand New): "I'm leaving you haters like when Shaq left the Lakes just to Heat it up"
Music Videos by VideoCure


Eminem (I Just Don't Give A Fuck) "Cursin' at you players worse than Marty Schottenheimer"


Nelly Furtado (Promiscuous) "Is your game MVP like Steve Nash?"

Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous Girl

EDGATIC |MySpace Videos


Ludacris (Living the Life) "When it comes to these women, dawg, aint no one f***in’ with me / they runnin’ back, you think I had a T.J. Duckett with me / that’s cause I throw it like Vick from the yard line / menage a trois, it’s safe to say I’m havin’ hard times"


Asher Roth (A Milli) "Rap’s Wayne Gretzky, yes I’m the best and/Only 22, more like Alex Ovechkin"; "they get to the pros and don't do shit like they Reddick"

Asher Roth- A milli (with lyrics)

WESLEY TIBBS |MySpace Videos


Jay-Z (Deja Vu) "I used to run bass like Juan Pierre / now I run bass high-hat with the snare"


Jay-Z (Encore) "When I come back like Jordan, wearin the 4-5/ It ain't to play games witchu"


For a list of general sports lyrics in rap, click here

For a list of the "13 great hockey references in rap", click here

0 comments: