Jay Cutler Gets a Two Year Extension

ESPN.com reports that the Bears have given Cuntler a two year extension that will keep him on the team until 2013. Cutler is scheduled to make $20 million from now until 2011 and gets another $20 millions in guaranteed under the extension. Cutler will make around $50 million over the next five years.

Can we please sign Cutler until he's at LEAST 45? I'm sure he's probably making too much money but I don't care. Hell, give him and Briggs most of the salary cap and give everyone else a dollar for all I care. (That's a popular strategy in fantasy football, I'm sure it'll work in real life, right?)

Either way, I'm happy Cutler gets an extension, but fuck is he making a lot of money



This extension means more love between Cutler and Greg Olson

3 comments:

The 'Bright' One said...

just like you were too pissy when we traded for cutler, i think you are too giddy about him now. Try to find a middle ground. I know you have never seen an actual quar-ter-back, but you can at least act like you have. but i agree, he should basically throw every down with our running game

Adam Kaplan said...

Yeah, I fully admit I was wrong about the Cutler trade. The only time I've seen a good QB when watching a Bears game was when the Bears played the Pats or Colts.

I love Cutler and I can't help it. I'm in love. I look at Cutler how Cutler looks at Olson. I think I might need to change my name

Cubsfan4evr said...

That is a scary picture! It is about time we lock up an offensive player besides for Hester.