Gaines Adams Is Dead

*NOTE: the views in this post reflect only the opinions of the author and absolutely do not reflect the views of the other two authors and the blog as a whole*

Further proof that Jerry Angelo is retarded for trading for Adams to begin with.

Before the trading deadline, Angelo gave away a second round pick for the former first rounder turned bust Gaines Adams from the Tampa Bay Bucs. Now I do not intentionally mean to make light out of another person's death and my deepest condolences go out to Adams' family and friends, but from my perspective as a Bears fan- this blows. Not only do the Bears not have a first or second round draft pick in this upcoming draft (not that the Bears would have drafted anybody useful anyway) but we don't even have any shitty players to go along with giving up our draft picks. As a Bears fan, this is just more shit to pile on to the garbage that is the Chicago Bears.

5 comments:

Adam Kaplan said...

Of course, but this post is a reflection of my own personal opinion. From my own perspective, I'm just really pissed because the Bears now wasted a second round pick AND we don't get the player. I'm sure Adams' friends and family have a much different opinion on the situation. But you know what, that's the beauty this blog is that I get to say whatever the hell I want to.

David "MVP" Eckstein said...

He just died, dude. Not cool.

Adam Kaplan said...

I said this in the post and I'll say it again, my deepest condolences go to the Adams family and friends. I do not wish death on anybody and this tragedy absolutely sucks.

But I make no apologies for my comments. I did not like it when the Bears traded for Adams to begin with and this this makes the trade even worse for the Bears. I am only speaking on behalf of myself and from the perspective of Bears fans and I know this is a view that a lot of other Bears fans have. I received a text that day that said "Gaines Adams is dead. Can we have our second round pick back please?"

And for someone that just wrote a post making fun of Cory Lidle- a guy who accidentally flew his plane into a building and died- who are you to judge

I realize this might be a controversial view so you and anyone else can say what you want, but I stand by what I said. And when next season rolls around and the Bears don't have Adams or Wale (because I think is contract is over and he's not going to get resigned) and when the Bears don't have a first day draft pick, you all will realize you always thought this way.

David "MVP" Eckstein said...

I wouldn't go so far as to say I made fun of corey lidle. I made an observation of how the lord takes people away unfairly, then transitioned to a guy who left baseball for the priesthood...


I'm just saying I don't agree with the statement, thats all.

Adam Kaplan said...

That's fine. If you don't agree, go right ahead and say you don't agree. I have no problems with people taking the opposite of view on this or any of my posts.