30 Teams In 30 Days Is Dumb

I'm sick of this. This isn't people's opinion's anymore. This has become a forum for trivial banter and I'm sick of it and I'm not doing it anymore. Players we predict will do well won't, players we thought suck will do well, teams will surprise us, and teams will disappoint us. That's just the nature of things. Did anyone predict the Rays to go to the World Series or the White Sox to win their division? Did anyone predict Tim Lincecum will win the Cy Young or that Erik Bedard will suck cock for a season? Probably not. The nature of prediction can allow for the thrill of exceeding expectations but mainly allows for the brutal reality of not living up to potential. There's no reason to predict, we're going to be wrong.

As much as analysts and economists, and statisticians would like to play and think they can play an entire season of baseball with no players and just numbers- they can't. There's an human element that can and will never be quantified.

I'm done with predicting and I'm done with "30 Teams in 30 Days" shit. This isn't fun anymore and it just leads to frustration and annoyance. If anyone wants to take over my "predictions"- feel free

Oh, and in case nobody does, here's my Kansas City Royals prediction: They fucking suck, they're a bad team, and they're going to finish last. Draft Zach Grienke, Mike Aviles, and Joakim Soria.

6 comments:

The 'Bright' One said...

yeah, i was never a fan, especially since i dont have time to write the al west this week.

i'm gonna put up flyers around campus cause we need some freakin readers

David "MVP" Eckstein said...

Not trying to be a prick; I'm not trying to say "NO! YOU WRONG" but saying I think this is incorrect because...and then have you say why that postulation is incorrect

David "MVP" Eckstein said...

ooh, also, why does billy butler give ESPN/Yahoo such a boner?

David "MVP" Eckstein said...

Also, maybe we (and by we, i mean mostly me) have just lost sight of this blog. It's not insult each other; it's to criticize/analyze sports! We need to outdo Yahoo, not bicker among ourselves.

We dont wanna lose you, sexy rexy

The 'Bright' One said...

i think the solution is we need readers, such that we can call them morons instead of each other.

Adam Kaplan said...

I agree, I think we have lost sight of this blog and I think a part of that is because of this 30 days stuff. I mean, look at our mission statement- this blog was dedicated to make fun of the stupid shit we hear from "experts"- I don't think we intended it for us to BE EXPERTS.

I personally am gonna stop this 30 days stuff. you guys can continue of you want but I'm done