Evaluating Fantasy baseball draft

The game of inches money fantasy baseball league is coming to an end soon with the season almost over. My Colleague “The Bright One” recently did a post where he looked back at his draft to see how he did now that were at the end of the season. DME is 20 points ahead of everyone else and ran away with this thing. I am currently in fourth place with 73 points. My goal is to try and finish in third place. Right now the person in third place has 82.5 points so I need to make a good run the final month and a half to have a chance for that. So here I give you my draft order and the outcome of each of these players.

1. Miguel Cabrera-I actually tried trading him at the beginning of the season, but no one made any good offers. Then people started trading for him again, but they undervalued him again. He has been one of the anchors of my team with Adrian Gonzalez.
2. Carlos Beltrán-Traded him part of a three for one deal with Jhonny Peralta and Matt Lindstrom for Evan Longoria.
3. Jason Bay-Still on my team. He had a monster first half for me and has tailed off lately, especially in average.
4. Brian Roberts-I traded him with Edwin Jackson and Brian Wilson for Nelson Cruz, Chone Figgins, and Shawn Hill.
5. Adrián González-He has a great first half where he carried my team in most offensive categories, including Homeruns.
6. John Lackey- He was supposed to be one of the anchors of my rotation. He was injured to start the season and took a while to get back into his old form. He has been better lately.
7. Ervin Santana-Still on team. He was injured and has been very disappointing since retuning.
8. Carlos Mármol-Traded for John Maine.
9. Jhonny Peralta- Traded him part of a three for one deal with Carlos Beltran and Matt Lindstrom for Evan Longoria.
10. Bobby Abreu- Still on my team.
11. Brian Fuentes-Still on my team.
12. Willy Taveras-Traded him with Chris Volstad for Bengie Molina and Jonathan Papelbon.
13. Brian Wilson- I traded him with Edwin Jackson and Brian Roberts for Nelson Cruz, Chone Figgins, and Shawn Hill.
14. Mike González- I traded him for Johnny Cueto who had a great first half and has been struggling since.
15. Matt Lindstrom- Traded him part of a three for one deal with Jhonny Peralta and Carlos Beltran for Evan Longoria.
16. Clayton Kershaw-Still on my team.
17. Pablo Sandoval-I dropped him after his rough start. This turned out to be a big mistake.
18. Chris Volstad- Traded him with Willy Tavaras for Bengie Molina and Jonathan Papelbon.
19. Ramón Hernández- He started out cold so I benched him for Pablo Sandoval. Sandoval struggled so I ended up dropping him and trading for a catcher. He had good numbers for my team in limited action because I didn’t play him much because of his struggles.
20. Oliver Pérez-I dropped him before the season started.
21. Kenshin Kawakami-I currently have him, but dropped him after his rough start and then picked him up again.
22. Jesse Litsch- Dropped before the season started.
23. Sean Marshall- I dropped him a few days after the draft.

I still have nine players from my draft still on my team. I did several multiplayer trades as you can see. My pitching staff was weak from draft and something I could never fixed. I am in fourth places in spite of a very weak pitching staff and a under performing offense.

2 comments:

Adam Kaplan said...

Did you pick up Mark Reynolds in FA?

Cubsfan4evr said...

Yes I did. It helped me with the starting pitching I needed. Even though it still needs more help.