Also, in case you are still reading at this point, all readers should note that I am managing the THT's Expert Fantasy League for 2011 (name subject to revision) and will be reserving a spot for one lucky fantasy baseball player. Details of contest entry requirements are murky at the moment (they will at least require you to "give me an original, funny fantasy baseball team name" -- ie, not one I have previously posted on this blog), but should come shortly. Keep an eye on the THT Fantasy Twitter in the meanwhile. League parameters are as follow:
- 12-Team, 5x5 standard auction draft
- Positions (28 to fill): C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, CI, MI, 5 OF, 2 UTIL, 3 SP, 2 RP, 4 P, 5 BN, 2 DL
- 1500 IP limit (subject to revision), 162-games played cap, no initial transaction limit but a 1 waiver transaction per day limit will be imposed following the trade deadline.
- The prize pool ($300) will be split 60%-30%-10% in a manner which has yet to be determined. The fan-entrant will not be required to pay a league fee.
- The winning entrant will get the opportunity to post a fantasy article (likely related to either (1) his entry into the league or (2) submission to join the league, depending on what we decide) on The Hardball Times.