My Favorite Post Game Rants

Now Sportscenter always has a top ten rants every time a coach goes off during his post game (and then they get turned into Coors Light commercials) so what I'm doing is certainly not groundbreaking, but it's still enjoyable seeing these rants

1) "The Bears are who we thought they were!" Dennis Green

After a great 5-0 start in 2006, the best team in the NFL at the time were the Chicago Bears, and they came into Arizona to play (at the time) a pitiful Cardinals team led by the worst QB ever: Matt Leinart. After an awful, awful, awful and Rex Grossman-like performance by Rex Grossman, it looked like the Cardinals would pull off the upset. But after two fumbles/strips of Edgerrin James that lead to TDs, a Hester punt return TD, and Neil Rackers missing a FG as time expired, the Bears pulled out a win.

This game might have been the best professional football game I've ever seen. It also led to my favorite post game rant of all time.



2) "I'm a man! I'm 40!" Mike Gundy



3) "Playoffs!" Jim Mora



4) "You play to win the game!" Herm Edwards



A top to compilation by ESPN


Honorable mention by TBO

0 comments: