Chicago Bulls Captain’s for this season

The Chicago Bulls recently decided their captain’s for this season. They selected Luol Deng, Kirk Hinrich and Lindsey Hunter. The players selected whom they wanted as captains. This is how the Bulls have done it for several seasons now. Kirk Hinrich has been a captain for a few years now and makes sense. In the past he was a starter though. Now he is a role player and comes off the bench. A bench player can be a captain though. This is Luol Deng’s second year as a captain I think and he was injured most of last year. He is the only captain that is a starter. I find the third captain interesting. Lindsey Hunter has been in the league for 17 years, but at this point in his career he rarely plays. He is on the roster to mentor Rose, but he will only play if we have some injuries to the backcourt, and even then it will probably only be a few minutes. I would have liked to see Brad Miller as a captain. He is a veteran who is supposed to get along with everyone very well and be the glue for keeping the clubhouse loose. I am not a player to decide though….oh well.

4 comments:

The 'Bright' One said...

brad miller was also suspended by the league for being a druggy. Probably why he is not a captain.

Being a captain in the NBA means absolutely nothing. You lead by the way you play.

In the NHL, the captain and the 2 assist men are very important mainly because people are trying to kill each other in hockey

Cubsfan4evr said...

When was Brad Miller suspended by the league? I didn't know this.

I know the being a captain means little in the NBA, but I still think they made a weird choice with Hunter.

The 'Bright' One said...

He was suspended 5 games last year

"All the stress gets to you, and this is one way to take my mind off of everything. I'll look for something different. [...] It's tough to sleep, you know. And you know, the people who might think I'm a bad guy for this. I'm not a bad guy. I'm still me. It's just one thing I thought would help. It obviously wasn't the right thing to do, but it was helpful to my mental state. [...] The thing is, I don't like drinking anymore. A couple years ago - I'll say it - I drank way too much and didn't like who I was. It wasn't good for my relationship and basketball and everything. I'm just trying to find a way to change out of that, that relief."

Cubsfan4evr said...

hmmmmmmmmmmm.........I never thought he would have done that.