Paging Dr. Saltalamaccia!

Fantasy Baseball Registration starts next month! I'm no RotoAuthority, but I do play a mean hand at Fantasy. I tend to build very competitive teams that lose in the last week because I am a moron who plays H2H. This year, however, it's roto all the way, baby.

Come closer and closer to the MLB regular season, I will be posting fantasy primers and my personal recommendations and advice. Unfortunately, since the people in my league either write for this site or read it, I cannot disclose my super secret player targets for 2009 prior to our leagues draft date. In 2008, I covetted Hanley Ramirez, Arod, David Wright, Matt Holliday and Miggy as the top 5 picks (in order).

Since I tend to not draft elite pitchers early (since SP is a very deep category with many players who emerge post-draft), I will indicate now that I perceive the top SP producers for 2009 will be:
1. Tim Lincecum
2. Dan Haren
3. Scott Kazmir
4. Javier Vasquez
5. Josh Beckett

Notice a 161-million dollar player who isn't listed? You may call this a "conservative list," but I'm calling for Lincey (whose arm was designed by NASA) or K-mir to rack up close to 300 Ks this or next year. Word of advice, however: I would only draft one of them if they fell past round 3.

Let the comments flow, baby.

0 comments: