My Religion of Choice




We're gonna get a little sentimental today.

A standard question between any two sports fans is "so whats your favorite sport". This is as fundamental as giving your name or saying hello. However, the question is often a difficult one for me, not because i dont have a favorite sports, but because it is impossible to describe what baseball means to me. Baseball simply goes beyond sport. Not being a religious man, baseball may as well be my religion of choice. This isn't simply lip service to describe my adoration or life long commitment to the game. It is a genuine emotion that only a few of us have experienced. I have met my share of individuals who actually understand what this blog post means confirming that i'm not completely crazy, although the rest of you might think i'm at least a little loco. No other sport can compare when it comes to the history, tradition, comradery, and heroics that baseball can privide. This description can apply to any sport, but something about baseball is indescribale. It's almost like trying to expalain spirituality to an atheist, or love to someone who has never experianced it. It simply can't be done. I am very proud to be one of the few who feels this special connection to the game of baseball and hopefully one day you will too.

Happy Holidays!

0 comments: