ESPN has the best writers

Today, ESPN had another installment in my favorite headlines:

Indefatigable G Hiller lifts Ducks past Wings

Indefatigable? Really? I had no idea ESPN had such extensive vocabulary. Kudos to them. They must have rocked the old SAT analogy section. Too bad good vocab doesn't translate into good analysis.

Although after that high intelligence point, it went downhill from there because I next decided to read Lil' Wayne's sports blog. Yep, that's right, none other than Weezy has a sports blog. If you couldn't already tell by his lyrics, the vocab in his blog is simple and his analysis is even simpler. But that's assuming he actually writes it and doesn't have a ghost writer. I think that would be a great job, Lil' Wayne's ghost writer. You could write whatever you wanted and nobody would really second guess your analysis. Plus, the job would take about five minutes and then you could just mooch off Weezy the rest of the time. I need to seriously consider this as a career option. Anyways, his blog is amusing and worth a look if you haven't already seen it. Although, if Weezy is really getting the type of insider information that he claims to be getting, then maybe he knows more about sports than I give him credit for. Somehow I doubt that.

On the topic of Lil' Wayne, I found this chart that chronicles the music tastes of high school students and their corresponding SAT scores. Granted, I highly doubt its accuracy and it incorrectly corroborates correlation with causation, but it is interesting nonetheless. At the top score end of the chart, students listened to Beethoven and Sufjan Stevens. At the low score end is none other than Lil' Wayne. Having listened to his rap lyrics, somehow I'm not terribly surprised.

2 comments:

The 'Bright' One said...

I love rap :(

This study is obviously flawed in many ways

Adam Kaplan said...

agreed

Plus, dad anyone see Lil' Wayne on "Around The Horn"- he was really fucken bad. I think he was on 1st Take too and I can't imagine that was any better. Although anyone arguing next to Skip Bayless looks like a genius- except Rob Parker. poo poo.