Can 2 legends get some respect please

cubsfan4ever is planning on writing a farewell post on the passing of two of the most synonymous names with bulls basketball, Johnny 'Red' Kerr and Norm Van Lier. In the mean time, I have a gripe to settle with ESPN. How is it that I didn't hear a single peep from the worldwide leader in sports regarding the passing of two individuals who have been around the game of basketball for 40 years. I've been watching ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNNEWS since their passing and have not seen or heard one word about it. They couldn't even write a short message about their passing on the scroll bar? Seriously? I then went to espn.com and couldnt find anything about them on the front page or the NBA page. At last resort I used the aweful espn search menu and found one mention of their passing, and it was a link to the waddle and silvy radio show out of Chicago.

Mike Wilbon did give the two legends a few seconds on PTI, but that was only due to his love and allegiance to the city of Chicago. I'm just flabergasted how this crazy and sad occurance could have flown under the radar at the ESPN headquarters.

1 comments:

Cubsfan4evr said...

I am going to write about this when I have some time. I need to devote the proper time to this piece because as the "The 'Bright' One" said, they are getting no respect, and deserve it! They both didn't get that much respect while living for what they meant to Basketball and the Bulls, and they aren't now. I didn't hear anything about them on national sport news and not enough on local coverage even.