Steve Stone and Farmio Reunited... In The Past

So I was looking up who the former great Royals 3B (because I'm stupid and don't know sports prior to 2005- and the answer is George Brett) and I came across the roster for the 1980 All-Star. In it there were five pitchers for the A.L. (seems really low right?). One of the pitchers was Tommy John (He had success prior to people copying his surgery. huh?!).

Anyway, two other pitchers on the roster was Steve Stone and Ed Farmer. This was also the year Steve Stone was the Cy Young award. Also, also, Steve Stone is Jewish. Sweet, a Chicago pitcher who's Jewish, a Cy Young winner, and a great analyst. Haha, take that LA and New York!

I don't know, I think it's interesting that 27 years before being in the broadcast booth together, they were teammates in the 1980 All Star team

2 comments:

David "MVP" Eckstein said...

I'm shocked you didn't know who George Brett was. You know that big Pine Tar incident from the 80s? The one that they show on EVERY comcast rainout? Yeah, that was George Brett's bat.

He was awesome. Especially in his prime when he was walking at a 15% clip, while maintaining a 2+ BB/K ratio. He also hit a ton of doubles. Mike would be proud

Cubsfan4evr said...

I can't believe you didn't know who George Brett was either. When I think of the Royal's I think of him. He is the best player that I think they ever had. Maybe they had someone else better, but their best player in a long time. I am sure David ''MVP'' Eckstein will dig up the stats and find someone better though.

Steve Stone is the best baseball analysis around. I can’t even find a close second. That is interesting they worked together before. The Cubs have a thing where you can e-mail the broadcast thing with question’s and comments. Do the White Sox have that? If so, you should e-mail it to them. I wonder if even they realize it. It was one all star game 27 years ago.