What happened to Fred Huebner?

Fred Huebner used to be on 670am The Score radio station. Back in December I realized that he wasn’t on during his regular shift of giving the updates during the day. I don’t listen to the radio regularly during the day with school and stuff, so I didn’t think much of it figuring he was on vacation or something. Over the past few months when I occasionally turn into 670 The Score and hear an updates I don’t hear Fred. This has prompted me to look into it and I learned that Fred is no longer with The Score.

Fred started with 670am The Score over 16 years ago with the Score in April of 1992. He started as a producer for the weekend shows, then moved to an update guy, and spent 9 years with the morning show. He spent 5 years as a co-host with Mike Murphy and then 4 years as the update guy or sidekick for The Mike North Show. He was on in the mornings for The Score more then anyone else. He outlived two morning’s host. The replacement’s for Mike North brought in their guy for the updates guy. This bumped Fred to doing updates a shift later during the afternoon. I guess on December 5th was Fred’s last day on the Score.

Does anyone know what happened to Fred? I do not believe he currently has a job so that makes me believe The Score decided it was time to move on.

3 comments:

David "MVP" Eckstein said...

He was let go:
http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/towerticker/2008/12/cbs-wscr-am-dro.html

David "MVP" Eckstein said...

maybe it's because he donated $825 to mcdonald's PAC last yr

http://www.campaignmoney.com/political/contributions/fred-huebner.asp?cycle=08

The 'Bright' One said...

i never woke up early enough to know he who was. my day starts with waddle and silvy