Official WBC Rosters

World Baseball Classic rosters are officially set. Grady Sizemore's already out of the mix with a strained groin and will be replaced by Shane Victorino. Click the links below to see who is on what team.

Australia
Canada
China
Chinese Taipei
Cuba
Dominican Republic
Italy
Japan
Korea
Mexico
Netherlands
Panama
Puerto Rico
South Africa
USA
Venezuela

If I was Cubs management, I would very angry that Ted Lilly, who has thrown career highs in IP in back to back years, and Carlos Zambrano, the dehydration prone workhorse who finally broke down late last season, are on the finalized rosters.

1 comments:

Adam Kaplan said...

I'm just thrilled John Danks isn't on the team. But you know which White Sox pitcher is on a WBC roster? Matt Thorton. hahaha

Also, was Quentin ever considered for a team? He's certainly better than Brad Hawpe, Shane Victorino, and Curtis Granderson

I don't have a problem with bullpen guys and offensive players being on a WBC roster, but I do have a problem with starting pitchers. I'd be be pissed too if I was a Cubs fan about Ted Lilly

Why is Jake Peavy on the WBC roster again/ why did the Padres let him? Clearly in '06, the WBC hurt his regular season, so why do that again?