The White Sox Announcer Swap

Last year, it was really tough watching White Sox games. The team was above average last year and made the playoffs. But what made them so hard to watch was actually the announcing (so I guess it was hard to listen to Sox games while watching them???). Anyway, the TV announcers were Ken "The Hawk" Harrelson (a man who's more useful as a center for drinking games than he is for announcing) and Darrin "DJ" Jackson (a man who is so boring that I'd rather watch a chick flick than listen to). If I could, I would turn the TV on mute and listen 670 The Score with Steve Stone and Ed "Farmio" Farmer. Two guys who really know their shit about baseball and had such a good rapport that it made games fun to listen to. After the White Sox lost in the playoffs, the team fired DJ. And they replaced him with the radio 'Color Guy', Steve Stone. With an open vacancy next to Farmio, who does 670 hire? That's right Darrin Jackson.

Now I don't know how to feel about this swap. Now I love Steve Stone and he's one of my favorite baseball analysts but he's now seated beside Hawk, a man who's the play-by-play announcer yet often doesn't speak and when he does, it's about how excited he is that the Sox are doing well or he's pissed at a bad call. And I can't really turn to the radio because I'll have a great play-by-play guy in Farmio and a boring mo fo in DJ. The radio had two A's and TV had two C's. Now each has one A and C. What to do!

Hopefully Farmio and Hawk can switch soon.

Although, I don't think this is going to matter this year because the Sox are gonna suck next year. Shit.

1 comments:

The 'Bright' One said...

over/under on how many times ozzie will curse out steve stone for shit he says on television. I'll put it at 3 for this year, and increase to 5 next year