The second best sports prediction ever

I know that I've quoted this January 2006 Heckler interview with Ryan Dempster at least a hundred times before, but I have yet to quote what I consider the second funniest sports prediction ever made (the first being John Kruk predicting Randy Johnson to win 30 games in 2005).
"The Heckler: A lot of people are pretty down on Dusty. What do you think about that?

Ryan Dempster: I think he's one of the best guys to have ever managed baseball. I think the reason they are [down on him] is because, number one, he put the blame on himself. I can't honestly remember one time that Dusty has sat there and blamed a player. He always takes the blame himself. He gives us all the positive feedback we can get. Corey [Patterson] had a really tough year and Dusty, all the way down to the end, stood behind him. He sticks behind his players. It hurts to lose for you and your fans, but it also hurts to lose because your manager is such a great guy.

Everyone's going to understand what a great manager he is after this year."
He sure showed us.

0 comments: