One Week In, The Stupidity Is In Full Swing

I'm watching Wednesday Night Baseball on ESPN and Joe Morgan just claimed that David Eckstein is one of "the few players you really want hitting in the number two spot."

David Eckstein owns a career wOBA of .321, thanks to his .362 career slugging percentage. There are many better #2 options out there, many of whom (Lofton, Thomas, Edmonds, Durham, etc.) remain unemployed. Did I mention Ray Durham? He plays second base well and hits better than Eckstein (Durham has a .346 career wOBA). Durham also walked 4% more than Eckstein last season/every season.

Where is FireJoeMorgan when you need them?

2 comments:

Adam Kaplan said...

I really like Ray Durham and if I WAS the White Sox GM, I would sign him in an instant. Better than shitty fucking Chris Getz and right now, Lillibrige

Adam Kaplan said...

who is DAVIS eckstein?