Stupid Baseball Rules, Part I

Baseball currently has some pretty stupid rules so I'm sure I'll have or someone else will have a part II+ somewhere. But here's one in particular I find retarded. I'm currently watching the White Sox game in class on ESPN's Gamecast and this popped up on my screen:

M Olivio struck out swinging. M Olivio is safe at first on a wild pitch by O Dotel

Now I understand how his happened; it's in a similiar way way AJ Peirzynski got on base in that controversial game White Sox/ Angels in the 2005 ALCS- the dropped third strike (or something along those lines). But let's think about this rule- the batter struck out. It's official, within 3+ pitcher the batter is out, YET HE"S STILL GET ON BASE. What a stupid fuck rule.

2 comments:

The 'Bright' One said...

I made the observation during the sox game that they might just have the slowest team in the history of baseball. Position by position it's amazing. Especially that josh fields suddenly got fat too. Konerko, thome, quintin, dye, pierzinski, fields, getz. They got 4 straight singles in the second and scored only 1 run

David "MVP" Eckstein said...

singles suck at scoring runs. everyone should only hit doubles