TBO: Top 12 wide receivers

Short and sweet
  1. Randy Moss - Best WR of my generation. Averages 13 TD's per season. Tom Brady is back
  2. Larry Fitzgerald - Perfect skills for the WR position. Perfect hands, perfect routes, perfect speed
  3. Andre Johnson - Taller, stronger, faster than Calvin Johnson.
  4. Calvin Johnson - Amazing season on a crap team with a crap QB
  5. Greg Jennins - Just like 2 Johnsons, cannot be stopped
  6. Steve Smith - The Allan Iverson of the NFL. Scoring machine who can't be stopped
  7. Maquis Colston - Just like #3-5, has all the skills to dominate any game. Hurt too much
  8. Brandon Marshall - Street baller with raw skills but gets the job done when sane
  9. Roddy White - Skills a little raw, but skills are off the charts
  10. Reggie Wayne - Helps to have Manning, but dude runs routes perfectly.
  11. Chad Ochocinco - Can't overlook 6 1200 yard seasons. Makes D Hall look silly
  12. Terrell Owens - On his way out of league, but he has more TDs than Moss, respect

5 comments:

Cubsfan4evr said...

I agree with you on the top 6. After that I agree with the players for the most part, but not the order exactly.

Adam Kaplan said...

1) Randy Moss
2) Andre Johnson
3) Larry Fitzgerald
4) Reggie Wayne
5) Calvin Johnson
6) Roddy White
7) Anquan Boldin
8) Chad Ochocinco (assuming Carson Palmer stays healthy which is a big fucking risk)
9) Steve Smith
10) Marques Colston

The 'Bright' One said...

i have a problem with wayne being that high. He's a 1100 guy when people below him are 1300-1400 yard guys. Also, he;s not a TD machine.

I'm kind down on Boldin. I think he's losing a step, or maybe that hammy injury is still in my mind.

Steve Smith never gets respect

Ochocinco is sooooo underrated. He would make more money if he shut up

I love Colston's body. I expect top 6.

I hope andre johnson gets like 1800 yards this year. He's that good, also he's on my fantasy team

Adam Kaplan said...

I love Wayne's football sabermetric numbers

Over the past five years, Wayne has averaged 1246 per year. Granted he's only average 8.4 TD per year but three times in the past five he's hos gone over 9.

Last year was also uncharacteristically bad that it seems to be the outlier, not the rule. Plus, even though Harrison was shit, he was still taking balls away from Wayne. Harrison's departure probably helps Anthony Gonzales more than it does Wayne but still, another bonus to Reggie. Plus Peyton is playing healthy this year. The beginning of last yr he was hurt which hurt Wayne .

So many signs point to Reggie getting 1300+ yards and a 9 TDs- minimum

I love Steve Smith too, I objectively don't think he's 9, yet I kind of don't think he's better than everyone above him either, yet he'll probably be a top 5 wide out this year. Ironic huh?

Ochocince is underrated because he needs Palmer to be healthy and Carson Palmer again and that's a pretty big risk to take.

Adam Kaplan said...

Now judging you list:

Brandon Marshall's of the field problems will affect him on the field and thus affect his fantasy numbers. He'd be a top ten guy if I could guarantee him playing time

T.O. won't even the best receiver on his own team. His receptions have decreased the past three years as well

I don't trust Colston's health to have him above 10 for me- though no doubt a fantastic weapon for that passing offense in N.O.