Evaluating my Fantasy Football Draft in GOI

Each week after all of the football games we post the GOI football results looking at how the GOI staff did at Pigskin Pick 'Em and an update to our GOI Fantasy Football league. This is the last week of Fantasy football and after tonight we will know who the winner is in our league. I already know my fate and have finished in 6th place. I decided to look at how I drafted and see how the players did.

Here was the team I drafted. The number on the left was my pick and the one in parentheses is how the player was ranked overall. I feel that it is easier to find productive running backs in later rounds or by free agency, so I drafted many quality wide receivers as you see below. Out of the 15 players I drafted I have 6 of those players to end the season.

1.(10)Larry Fitzgerald-He stayed on my team the entire season and accumulated 173 points to be the 6th best receiver in the game and the 30th best player overall. That is not very good for my first pick.

2.(15)Andre Johnson-I traded him before the season started with Jeremy Maclin for Vincent Jackson and Chris Johnson. Chris Johnson ended up being my best player and that was a good trade even though Andre Johnson also had a very good season.

3.(34)Kurt Warner-He was my QB for the entire season and is ranked the 12th best QB and 24th overall. The 9th best QB was my back-up Eli Manning, but I only played him twice.

4.(39)Joseph Addai-I ended up trading Joseph Addai with Donald Driver and Vincent Jackson for Anquan Boldin and Marion Barber.

5.(58)Santana Moss-I ended up trading Moss with Donald Driver, Joseph Addai, and Vincent Jackson for Anquan Boldin and Marion Barber.

6.(63)Hines Ward- Along with Fitzgerald he ended up being one of my two WR for the entire season. He ended up with 137 points to be the 15th best WR and 56th overall player in our league.

7.(82)Cedric Benson-He was injured and missed a few weeks, but had a very good season for me, especially with him being my 7th pick. He turned out being the 12th best RB and 4oth best plahyer overall. He was one of my few good picks later on.

8.(87)Pittsburgh- I dropped him on October 6th before week 5.

9.(106) Le'Ron McClain- I dropped him on Sep 22 before week 3.

10.(111) Donald Driver-I ended up trading Donald Driver with Joseph Addai, Santana Moss, and Vincent Jackson for Anquan Boldin and Marion Barber.

11.(130) Anthony Fasano- I dropped him on Sep 15 before week 2.

12.(135) Eli Manning- He stayed on my roster the entire season, but only played twice. He was the 9th best QB and ended up 16th overall. I debated every week if I should play him or Warner.

13.(154) Heath Miller- He was my starting TE until I got Visanthe Shiancoe via trade.

14.(159) Tampa Bay-I dropped him on Sep 15 before week 2.

15.(178) Jeremy Maclin-I traded him before the season started with Andre Johnson for Vincent Jackson and Chris Johnson

As you see I didn't draft a kicker so once I made the two trades before the season started I picked up a kicker. I needed to make some trades to fill in my void at RB because I only drafted two. I made a good trade trading Andre Johnson with Jeremy Maclin for Vincent Jackson and Chris Johnson. My trades after that didn't help me that much those. I had a surplus of WR, but wasn't able to get good deals in return. There is always next year!

0 comments: