About Time For Devin Aromashodu

GOI readers should know that I am a fan of Devin Aromashodu. I saw him at training camp and liked him ever since. He was supposed to start the season as the third receiver, but started the season injured and needed to miss a few games. This opened the door for rookie Johnny Knox who took the opportunity and locked his spot as a starting wide receiver. I am glad we were able to see what Knox could do, but now we need to get more playing time for Aromashodu with Knox and Devin Hester. Devin Aromashodu was injured for the first few games, but then the Bears kept him inactive for several more weeks when he could have played.

Since training camp Cutler has said that he like Devin Aromashodu as a receiver. I saw him live at training camp and Aromashodu has very good hands, good height (he is the Bears tallest receiver), and he has good speed. He seems to catch anything in sight. A few weeks ago I said we need to play him now but the Bears have finally heard me. The Bears season is over. They are not going anywhere, so why not use the rest of the season to see what we have and evaluate our talent for next season.

Devin Hester is injured and had to miss the last game. That opened up an opportunity for Devin Aromashodu and he took advantage of it! Devin Aromashodu reffered to as
D.A. was thrown to 12 times, making 8 grabs for 76 yards and a TD. His touchdown catch was a really good hard catch. I don't think any other Bears receiver could have made that catch. Jay Cutler likes Devin Aromashodu and it shows. They are on the same page and if his playing time contiunes the future could be bright for the Bears receiving core if our offensive line gives them some time.

Lovie Smith said after the game that Hesther could have made those catches and more. I like Hester and he has great speed, but he couldn't make those catches. DA has great hands that Hester doesn't have. I hope DA continues to play when Hester returns. DA should split time with Earl Bennett or take it all together. I think a receiving core of Hester, Knox, and Devin Aromashodu would be really good next year if the offensive line can give Cutler time and change the game by having some type of running game because the Bears rank last in rushing in the NFL. Smith may not play DA that much, and may put Bennett ahead of him because the Bears and Lovie Smith look at Pedigree and where they were drafted for deciding playing time. Part of the reason why Smith is a bad coach and needs to go with Angelo. Lets hope Devin Aromashodu proves him wrong!

2 comments:

Adam Kaplan said...

I think there's a reason I'm A Run A Day Shute was cut by like ten teams. But I agree that there's now absolutely no reason he should not be starting now. Bennett has done nothing and Day Shute has already proven himself on the field

Cubsfan4evr said...

He has been cut by three teams. I would like to know why those teams did cut him. He isn't a superstar, but I think he would be a very good 3rd receiver or 4th for those teams that did cut him. I have liked what I have seen from him, and he has great hands which you can't teach so I really would like to know why he has been cut so many times. With hester back next week I hope DA takes at least half of Bennett's playing time if not more.