BRB

Our apologies folks, but two of the four writers are in law school and another is in med school and it's finals time. Bear with us, and GOI will return to full steam come late December. Till then, let's all marvel at Fred Lynn and Ichiro for winning both the MVP and ROY awards in the same season. It's a shame Fred Lynn has such a hard name to spell.

True Story: In 2001, Albert Pujols won ROY by hitting 1/2 as many homers as the MVP. Pujols hit 37 that year.

Who am I: I average 32 HRs, 89 R, 105 RBI, and 277 TB a season with a slash line of .313/.411/.591.
Hint: I am awesome at baseball.

8 comments:

Cubsfan4evr said...

We did have 140 posts for November. That is a good amount averaging 4.6 a day. I only posted 40 times in November and I have little on my plate right now. So the three of you in medical school or law school did post a lot.

I will try to hold down the fort until you guys are less busy.

Cubsfan4evr said...

Your trivia question seems too easy. I would have to guess Bonds. That was when he was at his best. I am probably wrong because it does seem too easy.

David "MVP" Eckstein said...

It's not Barry Bonds.

David "MVP" Eckstein said...

The only other hints I will give are:
1) it is a man.
2) it is someone who is top 250 in HR all time.

David "MVP" Eckstein said...

Quick Note: thanks to Todd Helton's terrible 2008, his career OPS finally dipped below 1.000 :(

Cubsfan4evr said...

Are you saying it was Helton? How does that relate?

I have no idea for your triva question any more. I have to think about it............

The 'Bright' One said...

this is super easy, because only a handful of current players have a batting average that high. Helton is too high, thanks to coors, so the answer is manram or course

it could potentially have been vlad, but he refuses to walk

David "MVP" Eckstein said...

TBO wins it. It was Manny. One of only 9 players in the history of baseball with a career OPS > 1